Wave goodbye to your winter wardrobe, because spring is upon us at last! This year’s spring trends are fun, easy, and best of all: you don’t even have to get rid of last year’s essentials. Last spring’s hot colors, white and pink, have outlived the winter and are back in full blast! Florals, botanicals and painterly prints are also hot this spring, so embrace this quintessential trend. However, if you want to stand out, keep in mind the following trends and tips to look fresh and stylish:
1) Denim All the Way: Don’t be afraid to mix and match denim, because you’ll just look cool and classic. Whether it’s a denim skirt or jeans with a light weight chambray shirt, make sure you vary the shades of blue to contrast your outfit.
2) Painterly Prints: If you’re not a huge fan of florals or botanicals and crave a more unique spring pattern, look for abstract “painted” looks. Printed dresses are an easy solution, or if you have a great printed blouse, pair this with a solid or denim bottom.
3) Bohemian & 70’s Vibe: Give your outfit a dose of hippie with some fringe accessories, such as shoes or purses! Also, flowy-sleeved blouses, long dresses/skirts, and deep colors like burgundy, green or spice market hues will greatly enhance your free spirited look.
4) Head-to-Toe White: Forever classy and always chic, wearing all white is the perfect spring look whether you’re taking it easy or going out for dinner.
5) Army/Navy: Military-influenced styles endure with army green, neutral khakis and always classic, nautical navy. Think utilitarian jackets, trench coats, anoraks, uniform-inspired dresses, and even fashion cargo pants.
6) Marsala Wine: Looks like an autumn tone? Time to think outside the crayon box. Wear it in spring, summer, fall & winter, sleeveless or not, and mix it with soft, cool tones of blush or aqua for a fresh mix. Flattering on just about everyone, Marsala is the Pantone 2015 Color of the Year.